10 New Year’s Resolutions for Teen Guys
With New Year’s Day just around the corner, here are a few resolutions for teen guys to consider making.
- I will stop playing video games / surfing the internet until the wee hours of the night…then skipping school or church the next day because I’m “sick”.
- I will commit to reading my Bible (even if it’s just one verse) every day – or at least trying to.
- I will voluntarily put accountability software on my laptop and mobile devices, and have someone other than my friends oversee it.
- I will start to pray for the conversion of at least one person specifically by name, and consider how I can take action about it too.
- I will not have a girlfriend, unless I am stable in my walk with Jesus and an older, godly mentor – whose opinion I respect – thinks it is a good idea.
- I will speak respectfully to and of my parents.
- I will stay out of stupid drama among friends.
- I will use social media less, knowing that “When words are many, sin is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.” (Proverbs 10:19)
- I will get a job and be the best employee I can be.
- I will get my drivers license and use that privilege wisely.